iMessage for windows With many new updates to iMessage, many iPhone, and other iDevice users want access to iMessage on Windows PC or workplace computers. This will ensure that you can continue chatting with your friends and family on all types of devices, whether you are at your home or at your workplace. Many of the folks use Apple PCs only, which means keeping up with the iMessage is not tough for them. But the ones who own Windows PCs at home and mainly at work find it difficult to cope up. With this, the question arises how can we get iMessage working on all the machines?
How To Use iMessage For Windows Using Browser?
Apple does not support any browser-based service for iMessage, which means that you can’t simply check in and have access to it. The only reason for not having an online iMessage support is that Apple wishes to keep its services limited to iDevices and Mac computers. This leaves millions or billions not being able to access iMessage when they are at their workplace or at home using windows personal computer.
But there are some ways for the windows users to send and receive an iMessage, from anywhere. The steps given below will provide you with an easy way to stay in touch with the people that matter to you, using your Windows PC. So without further ado, let’s see how it can be done.
HOW TO ACCESS iMessage WITH YOUR Mac
iMessage through Remote Access to Mac
All the connections are fully secure with the Google Remote Desktop. It allows other computers or users to access your computer securely using the chrome browser.
Using the Chrome Remote Desktop
#1: How To Setup iMessage for windows on chrome desktop
- First of all sign in into the Google account in chrome browser.
- Next, download the Chrome Remote Desktop App from the Chrome store.
- Once downloaded, select the Add app to the chrome option.
- If you are doing so for the first time, then you and me receive an authorizing message. Click on continue if such message appears.
- After that, the Chrome Remote Desktop will appear in the chrome://apps list.
- Select the app by clicking on it.
- A pop-up will come namely My computers, tap on the Get started option.
- Enable your remote connections.
- Follow the instructions given to download remote host installer of the chrome.
- Choose Accept and Install in the Download Remote Desktop Host Installer.
- Save the file named the chrome remote desktop file to your desktop or downloads folder or any other desired location.
- Once the download is over, open the file.
- Double click on the Remote Desktop Package
- Follow the on-screen instructions for installing it.
- Enter the admin password when they ask so.
- Once installed, open the Remote Desktop App again.
- Click on the enable remote connections option.
- Enter a new pin of minimum 6 digits.
- This pin is required while connecting from another computer.
- Choose a pin which is memorable or writes it down somewhere and makes sure you keep it secure.
- If asked, enter your Mac’s admin password.
- Once all the steps are successful, a message will pop-up telling that remote connection is enabled.
- Just make sure to keep the Mac on with internet connection and not in sleep mode if you wish to access your Mac remotely.
#2: Use Chrome Remote Desktop on another computer
- If you wish to access your Mac on another PC, open google chrome and sign in to the same Google ID used while setting up the Chrome Remote Desktop.
- In the address bar type chrome://apps to fins the Chrome Remote Desktop App.
- Find your Mac under My Computers.
- For establishing a connection, double-click it.
- Enter your 6 digit PIN and tap connect.
- A mac’s desktop will appear once the connection establishes.
- Set your windows to full screen for the better view of Mac’s Desktop.
- For checking the iMessages, open the Message App in the Mac’s Doc or you can find it in the Launchpad.
- Your iMessages will appear on your screen in Chrome and that too in a windows PC.
- If you wish to end the connection, tap the Stop Sharing button at the bottom of the shared screen.
- If a session is ended accidentally, you can reconnect by choosing Reconnect and entering the PIN again.
if you have any queries for installing iMessage on windows please let us know in your comments we would be happy to help you